February 7, 2011 - ITI announced today the release of Proficiency Collaboration Gateway 9.0, the latest edition of its leading Feature Based CAD Interoperability solution for manufacturers and their suppliers. Collaboration Gateway enables the transfer of complete design intelligence between major CAD systems which includes geometry, features, sketches, manufacturing info, metadata, assembly information and drawings in the conversion process.
Major enhancements in version 9.0 which significantly improve data exchange performance and overall quality include:
- Use of the STEP format as the primary geometry exchange engine when features are not used
- Integration with CADfix
Out-of-the-box integration with ITI’s geometry repair tool has been added to the data exchange flow
- New CAD Version Support
CATIA V5 R20, Siemens NX 7.5, Pro/ENGINEER WF5 (Creo/Elements Pro 5.0)
The new version includes many other automatic data exchange feature support enhancements such as:
- Improved performance for CATIA V4 to CATIA V5 migrations, especially large assemblies
- Improved support for import of V5 assembly drawings
- Improved support for feature options in NX
- Revolve, Hole, Multi-Body feature, Multi-set Blend, Trim Body, & Swept features
- New assembly constraints types
- CATIA Auditor – a batch utility to analyze the content of V4 and V5 data, and generate reports
The new release is available immediately worldwide and current customers can easily upgrade to version 9.0.