Integrate Easier and Faster with Smaller CAD Files
CADfix Plant and Process Simplification (PPS) solution can quickly simplify large complex CAD assemblies and reduce file size for import into the plant and process design systems and shipbuilding software.
With CADfix PPS you can...
- Achieve up to 70% reduction in engineering design labor associated with large MCAD model simplification
- Increase profitability by enabling design teams to save labor costs and avoid penalties for project delays
Why simplify with CADfix PPS?
Plant and process design software users need to integrate models of large equipment installations and component sub-systems. These are usually very large CAD assemblies that can be several hundred megabytes or even gigabytes. However, the receiving systems are simply not designed to handle the integration of such massive CAD assemblies. Also, machine and large equipment providers who send files often want to maintain intellectual property. Quickly removing unwanted parts or details and simplifying others allows seamless incorporation of equipment models into the overall plant layout, easier file sharing helps avoid multiple failed import attempts, and reduces non-productive CAD model rework.
- Addresses problem areas in plant layouts such as stairways, platforms, large equipment installations, and skid assemblies. The solution reduces or removes unwanted geometry, CAD features, invisible internal, and complex parts.
- Compatible with most neutral CAD formats, including DWG, Parasolid, SAT, STEP, and JT files.
- Easy to use and offers built-in wizards for automation.
Flooring and stairway structures are massively simplified with CADfix PPS.
The CADfix simplification will leave enough detail to accurately represent the equipment structure and outer envelope while removing unwanted intricate detail and reducing file size. CADfix customers expect to achieve at least an order of magnitude in file size reduction by using the CADfix model simplification process.
Automate file size reduction, get to commissioning faster
CADfix PPS reduces a skid model from a 798MB to just 29MB in 20 minutes.
The CADfix simplification tools can be run in an automated batch process or with manual user interaction. General operations can be run in the automated environment, with manual interaction when the user requires greater control of the layout.
Typical CADfix model simplification operations include:
- Automatic removal of small parts based on bounding box size
- Automatic removal of parts of similar shape and size to a selected item
- Automatic removal of invisible internal detail
- Simplifying complex parts to minimum volume bounding boxes or cylinders
- Removal of holes, protrusions and internal cavities
- Removal of design features such as fillets, rounds and chamfers
- Joining faces or bodies
- Deleting user-selected entities
- Converting geometry to simplified lightweight forms
The CADfix internal detail removal quickly removes parts that cannot be seen from the outside and that have no value to the process plant or ship design application. This offers a major file size reduction, especially for equipment installations, including complex motor and generator assemblies that are effectively fully enclosed within simple outer shells.
CADfix automatic internal detail removal
CADfix PPS allows you to quickly identify and remove and unwanted small details such as nuts, bolts, washers and other small parts that are not required. The ability to do this automatically and quickly offers a major saving.
Automatic identification and removal of unwanted small details
CADfix PPS 4 Overview Video
CADfix PPS 4 Overview Webinar
CADfix PPS Integration
Tech Soft 3D HOOPS INTEGRATION
HATCH Case Study DOWNLOAD OVERVIEW DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER DOWNLOAD ROI CALCULATOR