Greater integration of CAD, CAM, and additive manufacturing processes
ITI’s solutions for CAD-to-CAM translation and process integration help manufacturers prepare 3D CAD models for different downstream manufacturing applications, minimizing expensive CAD model rework and helping to optimize the manufactured product. CADfix tools for additive manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing include high-accuracy slice generation with intelligent compensation for different manufacturing processes, comparison of manufactured part scan data to the source CAD model, and component placement tools for Build Box optimization.
Accurate slice generation for 3D printing with full user control.
CADfix ensures that your products are manufactured with the highest quality and efficiency that your manufacturing processes can deliver.
CADfix additive manufacturing and 3D printing features
CADfix geometry processing and model preparation utilities for additive manufacturing and 3D printing include:
- Import, repair, and preparation of 3D CAD model geometry
- CAD model feature removal tools to improve manufacturing process efficiency
- Manufacturability checks to ensure that the product can be produced
- Generation of good quality watertight STL files
- Model orientation tools to maximize Build Box density and manufactured part quality
- Automatic generation of 2D slices with intelligent compensation for different AM processes
- Highly accurate 2D slices for a superior manufactured part finish
- Comparison of scan data from the manufactured part to the original CAD model geometry and rest volume creation
Repair and simplify CAD models before generating quality STL files with user control of faceting style and tolerances
Control of part placement within the 3D printer build box
Comparison of scan data to CAD model and rest volume creation